Calling all recent Houston area builds...

D2creative

Jun 27, 2020
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
We're building a new house in the Oak Forest area and contemplating a saltwater pool build maybe this winter. Would any of you with recent builds mind sharing a pic or two (rendering is fine) and a ballpark price or range of prices you got from your quotes? Just trying to get a basic idea so I'm not completely knocked over once we do start getting quotes. I have heard, that like everything else, prices have really gone up. We had to fork out an additional $33k in lumber just to frame our house! :cry: Is there really a better/cheaper time of year to get quotes and build, or is that just nasty rumor?

Thanks in advance!

Prices are up. Everywhere. It might relax in a year or two but might not.

Take care.

Not in Houston myself, but am in the Austin area. Prices are up. Way up. I know our quote was around 30% more than our neighbors that got theirs put in a couple years ago. A few neighbors got some amazing bargains right at the beginning of the pandemic when things were at a very brief stand-still, but I would expect to either up your budget by 30-50% or reduce what you are going to put in.

Wish it was better. Sorry :(

I am up the raod in DFW.. Prices are up (I had major sticker shock), and build times are up.. See my build thread I have pricing information and specs to give you a general idea.

Thanks! Ya, pretty much what I figured/heard!

As far as budget... no idea. Never built a pool before. That's why I was hoping to get a general idea of what others in the area are seeing from quotes by local builders.
I'll check yours out, Joel. Thank you.

Hard to know where your quote would be without knowing what you would be looking for. Are you thinking gunite or fiberglass or vinyl? Pool only or pool & spa? I know my builder said basic gunite pool would be north of $60k, everyone I know around here in Austin that did a pool/spa combo in gunite with some small water features was $115-150k depending on size, features and when they did them (newer pools are on the higher end)

Hard to know where your quote would be without knowing what you would be looking for. Are you thinking gunite or fiberglass or vinyl? Pool only or pool & spa? I know my builder said basic gunite pool would be north of $60k, everyone I know around here in Austin that did a pool/spa combo in gunite with some small water features was $115-150k depending on size, features and when they did them (newer pools are on the higher end)
Just a simple rectangle with spa and what I believe is called a tanning shelf, with umbrella. Don't need any water features or anything. Just solid equipment. Saltwater. Gunite. 16'x32'??? I don't even really know at this point. That's why I was hoping to see what others are doing so I can put some kind of price to visuals. We're coming from a 9'x18' above ground vinyl Intex pool so anything will be an awesome upgrade. ;)

Example from google...

LeisurePools_Icon_40_SapphireBlue_CA_2017.jpg

We signed with a Houston PB in Jan 21, but my quote was only $5K higher from the same PB than when we initially started looking pre-pandemic, in late 2019. However, I recently talked to my PB about decking upgrade options and the costs alone he said are up 30-40%. He said overall our pool would be about 10% more than when I signed in January.

When I was shopping around more seriously towards Oct-Dec of 2020. I heard basic pool and spa is 60K and goes up from there, so probably higher now.

Just basing off my recent discussions with folks interesting in getting a gunite pool, a medium sized pool with some water/fire features in the Houston area will be around 80-120K. That's a wide range but it all depends on what all you want to add to the pool and the upgrades on materials (decking, plaster, etc).

Just a simple rectangle with spa and what I believe is called a tanning shelf, with umbrella. Don't need any water features or anything. Just solid equipment. Saltwater. Gunite. 16'x32'??? I don't even really know at this point. That's why I was hoping to see what others are doing so I can put some kind of price to visuals. We're coming from a 9'x18' above ground vinyl Intex pool so anything will be an awesome upgrade. ;)

Example from google...

LeisurePools_Icon_40_SapphireBlue_CA_2017.jpg

I'd say this would be 80-90K if it's 16x32 with no water/fire features. A co-worker completed something similar with my current PB back in May 2020 and paid $70K. Add 20-30% and you'll be at that price point.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Reactions: travelfeedsthesoul
I just found this...
Have these prices not been updated in a while?
Hahaha that's my PB! Prices are updated but not as often considering the current market. Unfortunately, I'd say add 25-30% of those.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.