Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
... but I really do get excited by large drums buckets of chemicals ??

And I got to demonstrate the science of burning magnesium ribbon to 4th graders today...they loved it when I pulled out the MAP gas torch and lit the Mg wire on fire. I had them use a squirt bottle with water to try to put it out so as to demonstrate the principle that Mg burns in air or water. Funny, the principal came by beforehand and implored me not to burn down the school.... :unsure:

Last edited:
Never too late to teach the importance of stop, drop, and roll. Glad the school didn't burn down too!!!

In all seriousness... thank you for spending time teaching some cool concepts to the kids. Very, very, cool.

Btw, I think we all get a little giddy over chemicals from time to time. My eyes light up when I see a fresh Julian date on a batch of liquid chlorine.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How many of the kids got flash burns on their retinas from staring at the intense bright UV light?

Don't worry, they should regain their sight in a few weeks in most cases.

NONE!

Part of the experiment was learning about safety. I bought a bunch of cheap plastic sunglasses off Amazon and handed one to each kid. They were quite dark. They all liked getting to keep the sunglasses at the end.

Homemade Aloe gel (with CBD extract) was made available to deal with the 2nd degree skin burns ....

Reactions: Msch99 and JamesW
I think that it's great that you're helping to educate the future leaders of the world.

Hopefully, it will help the kids get into a good college like Harvard, Stanford or Arizona State University.

I think that it's great that you're helping to educate the future leaders of the world.

Hopefully, it will help the kids get into a good college like Harvard, Stanford or Arizona State University.

ASU ???

University of Arizona!!! Go Wildcats!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.