Calimar VS Pump dying after a few months.

jlyfshhh

Gold Supporter
May 28, 2020
Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Videos of the pump failing to start

Ordered from Pool Supply Unlimited in February.

Installed end of April.

Turned it off today to switch the filter to backwash and it will not come back on normally now. Just continually starting up for a few second, then shutting down.

Submitted an RMA request to Pool Supply Unlimited.

Wanted to note, this has been happening for a while. It works great if it’s running and you don’t touch it. The second you change a setting or anything, it will start this behavior for several hours and then magically start working again until the next time I need to touch it.

Quality control has gone to crud across all industries.

Dodge took top honors recently because their new vehicles had 122 problems needing the dealer per 100 new cars in the first year. Everybody had one problem, and one out of 5 had 2 problems. And it was commendable. :roll:

Best wishes and keep us posted.

Update: Calimar contacted me today. I guess Pool Supply Unlimited reached out to them in my behalf for a warranty claim since I was outside of the return window. Great support by them, typically a company would just tell me to contact the manufacturer myself so I appreciate them facilitating that for me. The Calimar representative asked me what was going on, then immediately offered a warranty replacement which will ship out by the end of the week.

Overall I am very pleased with Pool Supply Unlimited and Calimar. It’s unfortunate that I got a pump with issues, but this has been best case scenario for resolving it.

Overall I am very pleased with Pool Supply Unlimited and Calimar.
That's awesome. I can't recall anyone dealing with issues from either, which has alot to do with me continually reccomending both companies. :ROFLMAO:

But now both get a +1 out of 1. Good to know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.