CaliMar Variable Speed Pool Pump

With all of the discussion around the Calimar pump, I wanted to provide my input as to the experience I have had. I purchased a CaliMar Variable Speed Pool Pump | 3HP | CMARVSP3.0 in September 2021. The pump was easy as any to install and get up and running. It was quiet and appeared to be a good deal. It has now failed (inverter hardware failure), Aug 2022, within the 1 yr warranty period. I have been trying to contact Claimar and they will not answer their phone, return phone calls, or return emails. If you purchase a Calimar pump I would assume that it actually comes with no warranty, not a 1 yr warranty. Either purchase another brand, an extended 3rd party warranty, or be prepared to throw it out if you have an issue in within 1 yr.
Sorry about your experience, but thanks very much for sharing. We'll avoid Calimar unless we hear that they are at least standing behind the short 1 year warranty.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.