Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi,

We are on to the next phase of our pool build and have run into a snag. We picked out a really nice flamed granite coping from MSI with an eased edge (White Mist.) My wife and I love the look. After picking this out, at the last minute our pool builder says that they are sorry, we cannot use that, because we have a pool cover, as so we must get 16"x24" coping; the granite only comes 12"x24". Now, the choices are much reduced, because we have to get 16" deep tile and 5cm (2") thick for the coping. At MSI, that means very few options: travertine (sorry, ugly) or mountain bluestone with a bullnose edge.

Not thrilled with the dark color of mountain bluestone and not thrilled with the bullnose edge. This coping is also more expensive than what the PB had as an allowance, so we would be paying extra for coping we don't really love the look. Does anyone know of a pool tile/stone supplier that has more "modern" options?

Is there any option for a quick turn precast concrete in the Bay Area? That might be an option, but places we have seen have huge wait time for precast...

Thanks,

( This was the granite MSI "White mist")

granite.png

I love the look of Firerock pavers and coping. They are based in Alabama or something but they have sellers in most states, if you call them they will give you the number to there sellers in your area. They have 18 x 24, our travertine showed up as an 18 x 24 bullnose and they just laid it so the bullnose hung over 2” on the outside and after they were done they took a saw and cut off the 2” of bullnose.
We didn’t go with the Firerock bc it was $7.25/ sq ft

Attachments

• E6765222-C3D2-4334-89B4-FDFFC7EBBC9B.jpeg
    E6765222-C3D2-4334-89B4-FDFFC7EBBC9B.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 17
Edit: I sent you a PM with links to a local stoneyard my builder uses. Also to socal coping companies. For concrete cast coping my builder uses stepstone.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.