Calcium Test w/ TF100

CH of 450 is within recommended levels for a plaster SWG pool. See Recommended Levels - Trouble Free Pool

Especially if your fill water will be low CH from a water softener.

I would leave it as is.

So leave the CH the way it is and then adjust other test goals to stay within the recommended CSI numbers?

It was filled almost 3 weeks ago.

FC: 12
CC: 0
PH: 7.7
TA: 70
CH: 390
CYA: 40
Salt: 483 (not switched to SWG yet)
Borates: 15
Temp: 78
CSI: +0.1

Chlorine got a little high. I guess too many pucks in the skimmer until we switch over.

These look pretty good to me until we switch to SWG. Thoughts?

FC of 12 is high for new plaster. What startup guide are you following?

How do you get a salt value of 483 and borates of 15? Did you add any salt or borates?

For right now your water balance and CSI is fine. I would let your FC drop towards 5-7.

As your water temp drops your CSI will drop. I would not make any changes to individual chemicals.

Is your pool in a cage or outdoors?

I haven’t added any salt or borates. That is just what it’s measuring. All water has some salt in it naturally and I’m testing with a calibrated sensor.

The pool is outdoors.

This thread has drifted a little bit so I would like to get back to CH testing.

Cayman,

Time after time, year after year, post after post, the CH testing method used by the Taylor K-2006 and the TF-100 have proven to be the MOST accurate method you can get. You get 425 (more than once) and your PB did the test and got 425. That is within an acceptable range and I would be willing to bet that is your CH.

The pool stores testing has conversely proven over the years to be completely unreliable so you should doubt them LONG before you doubt your own testing. Their is nothing in your other test results that suggests you are making testing errors so believe in yourself.

Don't overthink some of the minor variations. CH has a range of 350 - 450 (and there is a lot of cushion built in......many manage pools with CH 700+) so because you are using a softener on your refill water, your CH is well under control. Trust your own testing, stay within TFP ranges and enjoy your pool!

Reactions: Cayman
This thread has drifted a little bit so I would like to get back to CH testing.

Cayman,

Time after time, year after year, post after post, the CH testing method used by the Taylor K-2006 and the TF-100 have proven to be the MOST accurate method you can get. You get 425 (more than once) and your PB did the test and got 425. That is within an acceptable range and I would be willing to bet that is your CH.

The pool stores testing has conversely proven over the years to be completely unreliable so you should doubt them LONG before you doubt your own testing. Their is nothing in your other test results that suggests you are making testing errors so believe in yourself.

Don't overthink some of the minor variations. CH has a range of 350 - 450 (and there is a lot of cushion built in......many manage pools with CH 700+) so because you are using a softener on your refill water, your CH is well under control. Trust your own testing, stay within TFP ranges and enjoy your pool!

Thank you sir!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.