Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Good Morning!
We had a new pool put in this summer and we had some trouble getting the chemicals right. They are all good now but I have noticed on my grey fiberglass steps when the water level gets low they are white. I think its calcium scaling but my pool builder says he has never seen this happen before on the steps. I am not sure but I have a feeling they are like that all the way to the bottom. Stain remover will not do anything for the buildup. I mixed half and half muriatic acid and water and took a sponge and tested a spot. It removed a little but not much. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get this off. I attached a photo so you can see it. I just hate to have a brand new pool and the steps look like this.
Thanks!!
Tanya

Attachments

• Pool Steps.jpg
    Pool Steps.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 20
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Hard to tell from the pic, but in my personal case the Viking folks had me lower the water level to expose the first step and pour undiluted muriatic acid directly on the step. If it fizzles it's calcium, if not, then it's something else.

How are you testing your water? Can you provide a full set of test results?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.