Calcium Hardness and CYA

ajonesaz

Sep 12, 2019
Gilbert AZ
New pool here, chlorine and PH have been fairly easy to maintain so far. Here are my average pool results:
FC: 2
pH: 7.6
TA: 90
CH: 130
CYA: 20
Temp: 51 degrees

I added the recommended dry stabilizer into a sock, in the skimmer about 12 days ago. It still hasn't fully dissolved. I go in there and shake it around every day. Is it the low water temp? How long should this take to dissolve? My readings for CYA have not really increased, but my chlorine has been lasting a lot longer, so I am assuming it is in the water.

Secondly my CH is low which means my CSI is below where it should be so I get the whole 'damage warning'. In AZ our summer blend water is very hard, high in calcium. Winter is all snow runoff so not that bad. Do I really need to add anything to up my calcium levels? I know a summer of auto fill will increase calcium a lot.

How long the stabilizer takes for dissolve depends on the thickness of the sock. Squeeze the sock in the water like you would a sponge. You might want to wear a rubber glove as CYA is a mild acid and I find it dries out my hand.

Your signature does not say what type of pool you have - plaster? Vinyl? Fiberglass?

How long the stabilizer takes for dissolve depends on the thickness of the sock. Squeeze the sock in the water like you would a sponge. You might want to wear a rubber glove as CYA is a mild acid and I find it dries out my hand.

Your signature does not say what type of pool you have - plaster? Vinyl? Fiberglass?

Pebblesheen (Plaster) I will update my sig :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.