Silver Supporter
Apr 1, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I had been using calcium reagents from September of last year (stored in dark at room temperature), they started running low so I switched to the ones I bought new February this year. My calcium level went from 425 to 800. I'm using a speed stir and have ran the test a bunch of times, bottle completely vertical/etc. Had it tested at the pool store to confirm which one was correct and they came up with 440. So are my old reagents correct and new ones incorrect? Lost on what to do next. Thanks!

Switch the drop tips from old to new.
Be very careful that you are getting complete drops off the tip.

Switched the tips for the R-0012 and tried again, my R-0010 came in a big bottle last time and a small bottle this time, the big tip doesn't fit the little bottle so I am unable to switch that one. Still getting double with the R-0012 tip changed. Made sure I was taking a second per drop, also ran it again with the old reagents to confirm I'm not going crazy.

I assume you are using 10 ml water sample. 10 drops of R0010.
I also assume you are not adding a lot of calcium via cal hypo or your fill water.
If all true, use your past CH and let any static relax from the new bottle and test the CH in a couple weeks.

I was just trying anything to see if it could solve the different results. Never know.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.