Calcium Chloride - Need to add about 72lbs

The difference is using calcium chloride dihydrate vs. calcium chloride.

CaCl2·2H2O vs. CaCl2.

CaCl2·2H2O is usually labeled at 77% to 80% CaCl2.

The dihydrate has two water molecules attached to each calcium chloride molecule. So, part of the weight is water.

Is your pool 40,000 gallons?

That's a really big pool. Make sure before adding anything.

What are the dimensions of the pool (length, width and depth)?

The difference is using calcium chloride dihydrate vs. calcium chloride.

CaCl2·2H2O vs. CaCl2.

CaCl2·2H2O is usually labeled at 77% to 80% CaCl2.

The dihydrate has two water molecules attached to each calcium chloride molecule. So, part of the weight is water.

Is your pool 40,000 gallons?

That's a really big pool. Make sure before adding anything.

What are the dimensions of the pool (length, width and depth)?
Rectangular 20'x40' with deep end being around 10' and shallow 4'

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me you don’t have a vinyl liner pool......
Plaster pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What are you currently using to chlorinate the pool?

If your not using a SWG, you can simply switch to CAL-HYPO granular chlorine. It will take a little bit to get up to where you need to be, but unless it is urgent that you get to the target level very soon... using 50 pound buckets of cal-hypo is a pretty good way to accomplish both chlorinating the pool and bringing up CH gradually. A single 50 pound bucket of 73% will bring up about 100ppm CH. Two buckets puts you just a bit above your target. If your paying for chlorine pucks (the stuff with stabilizer in it is a no no) or bleach, the Cal-Hypo powder can save you money in chlorine costs and you get the free CH as a by product of the chlorination method. I no longer use Cal-Hypo (above ground pool with vinyl liner) but last year when I did I was paying about $85 for a 50 pound bucket of 73%

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.