Dec 26, 2019
Conroe, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi guys,

My Calcium Hardness has been dropping over the past few months and I am assuming it is because of all the rain we have had here in Houston.
For the past 18 months it has been pretty static at 350 but is now down to 190.
So my question is, where is the best place to buy Calcium Chloride. I could pick it up at Leslies but it seems like it is pretty expensive $40 for 15lb.

Hi guys,

My Calcium Hardness has been dropping over the past few months and I am assuming it is because of all the rain we have had here in Houston.
For the past 18 months it has been pretty static at 350 but is now down to 190.
So my question is, where is the best place to buy Calcium Chloride. I could pick it up at Leslies but it seems like it is pretty expensive $40 for 15lb.
You should be able to get the Puri-Tech 25 lb bag for around $40.00 with free delivery from Amazon.

Reactions: Iam1964
I'm lucky up here in New England! I get a 50lb bucket of pure calcium chloride at bjs wholesale club for $20.00 during the winter months when I'm going to drain and paint my pool the following summer. I've also purchased it almost as cheap at contractor supply stores during the summer. Dow peladow. Lowes has it in stock right now a mile from me same price as the BJS brand. Calcium chloride is also used to keep dust down in construction zones so it is available in the summer months.

Reactions: Iam1964
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.