Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Had my pool re-plastered last year. Luna quarts wet edge. Has cured over a year and acid demand seems back to normal.

There are a few white spots around the pool where mineral deposits, like white crystal waterfalls seem to erupt, mainly on the walls, consistently in the same location. These deposits are easily brushed off with a wire brush, but eventually return. It is hard to get a good photo.

The plasterers removed a number of areas of delamination before scratchcoating and replastering. Could these represent small areas of delamination under the new plaster leaching minerals?

My chemistry I believe is good:

fc:3
TA 90
CH 460
Ph 7.4
Cya <30

many thanks for your input.

Could very well be calcium nodules. I have a similar area right underneath a rock ledge in my waterfall where the plaster and rock meet underwater. I get a very beautiful calcium carbonate "tree" that grows out from that point. It used to be impressive in the early years but now only shows up a slight mound/patch of white calcium. Whatever small breach was there is sealed up on it's own with calcium scale. it's underwater and beneath the overhang of ledge so it is not visible at all except when you're underwater and looking up with goggles on. So I leave it alone.

If it doesn't bother you too much, I would simply leave those areas alone and just brush them clean every so often. Very likely the delamination there will seal up on it's own over time.

See here - Calcium Nodules in pools

Could very well be calcium nodules. I have a similar area right underneath a rock ledge in my waterfall where the plaster and rock meet underwater. I get a very beautiful calcium carbonate "tree" that grows out from that point. It used to be impressive in the early years but now only shows up a slight mound/patch of white calcium. Whatever small breach was there is sealed up on it's own with calcium scale. it's underwater and beneath the overhang of ledge so it is not visible at all except when you're underwater and looking up with goggles on. So I leave it alone.

If it doesn't bother you too much, I would simply leave those areas alone and just brush them clean every so often. Very likely the delamination there will seal up on it's own over time.

See here - Calcium Nodules in pools

Thank you , and thanks for the link. I hope they just seal up. If it is because of an underlying delamination I hope it will not cause the new and expensive finish to fall off over time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.