Monkeymom1999

May 7, 2019
Virginia
So in my area folks have figured out pool chlorine is bleach. I bought the last 3 Walmart had and was told they would not be getting more in as it was seasonal. I bought ACE Hardware last 5 bottles, and cleaned out Lowes and Home Depot.

As I posted on another thread, I am in the process of SLAM, with a pool full of organic matter and algae. Thankfully we have wasted enough water and added that my CYA tested this am at 30, so will have to use less chlorine each time to keep SLAM levels.

Cal Hypo won't increase my CYA correct? I can order Cal Hypo or pick it up at Leslies an hour away. I could buy liquid chlorine at Leslies but have no place to keep 30 or more bottles of chlorine fresh. I do have storage for a 50 or 100 pounds of Cal Hypo. Will this work for my SLAM? I'm so far in I hate to quit now.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

It all depends on how much CH is in the pool already.

You might be phenomenally lucky and have real soft water so that you can use Cal-hypo for months. Or you might already be on the high side and be inviting scale formation. Nobody knows.

Test results! What to add is always dependent on test results!

Reactions: Tom Jensen
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.