Cal Hypo Sock

SupaDave

Bronze Supporter
Nov 25, 2016
Bethlehem, GA
Hey ya'll. 8200 gall AG pool with DE filter. Been using liq cl but what a pain in the #^%**& to lug around, right? (pool in direct sun all day in Ga and they only sell liquid cl here in 1 gal containers as opposed to the 2 1/2 gal I used to get in Fl) & I'm using from 24-32 ozs of liquid a day. (in Fl, I treated a 32,000 gal pool with liquid Cl, a stenner pump and a carboy with excellent results, but I'm gettin' a little long in the tooth to be luggin' around gals and gals of liquid). I've started using Cal Hypo as a sanitizer, in small amounts as directed by Pool Math, thru the skimmer. I'd rather not be putting this thru the skimmer (and mixing it every day in a bucket has been a PITA) and so I was wondering what ya'll thought about putting it in a sock/panty hose and hangin it over the edge of the pool in front of the return, kinda like we do with conditioner...... Before anyone mentions abrupt increases in Ca, my house water is 30ppm . I have been managing my own AG pool for over 30 years and my water is always gin clear. Glad to say I'm a TFP supporter for years and thanx for all the help over the years Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.