Cage and numbers

carnivalday

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Oct 25, 2017
Ocala, FL
How much does having a cage make a difference when running numbers? I checked this morning, and my FC is up to 8.5 with running my SWG at 40% for 12 hours. My CYA is only at 40, and I was going to bump it up to 60. How much is my cage affecting the numbers? I would think my FC wouldnt be nearly so high; its been hot and sunny here all week. I remember reading back in a previous life (pre TFP understanding) someone posting that the CYA doesnt need to be as high in Florida if you have a cage. I think Im seeing what that means. I probably need to be testing more often than I am. I was just really surprised that my FC got so high so quickly.

The cage reduces the UV impact on the water. You most likely can run a lower CYA but better is to just maintain your FC in the target range. Being a little high is no big deal. Adjust your SWCG to get the FC you need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.