Caddy for active 20?

Farmerstan91

Jun 28, 2019
Sw missouri
Or any of the clones? Can somebody post a pic of how the robot sits on the caddy? Have an old dolly i dont need anymore so want to build my own caddy because im both cheap and handy. Gonna mount a manual hose reel to it so i dont have the coils that get tangled up

Reactions: beautifulpool

I can't see how the hose reel will work unless you take the cable off the power supply every time you take the robot out of the pool. :scratch:

I'm all for you building a caddy if that is what you want to do, but I just set the robot on a couple of short 4 x4s just to keep the rollers off the ground. Then I just lay the cable out on the deck in large loops...

Anyway, whatever works for your works great for me,

Thanks,

Jim R.

I built my own, Not very hard to figure. I used some 2" PVC connectors and caps as stand offs and screwed them down to a cheap dolly I bought off Amazon a few years back. Mounted the control panel to a piece of plastic at the top, and made some hooks to hold the coiled wire on the backside. I can try to take pics when I get home

It looks like those treads are setting on the 2X4's. You want to make sure that there is something holding the robot up by the body on the bottom, and that the rubber treads aren't holding the weight, otherwise you'll mess up the treads.

I don't see the treads getting messed up. They are pretty solid rubber. Yes, they do wear away on the pool surface, but compression shouldn't be a problem. I think it's the rollers with their flaps that is typically the goal to protect from getting matted down.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.