CaCl 94% 50Lb bag, where can you find it?

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all,

Looking for the MELT 94% CaCl pellets in the 50lb bag? HD said they were out of it and now say its not being stocked anymore. Here's a link to what I purchased last time. Does anyone know where you can purchase 94% or greater true CaCl and not the majority rock salt w some CaCl.

thank you very much

Snow Joe 50 lb. Professional Strength Calcium Chloride Pellets Ice Melter - Re-Sealable Bag-MELT50CCP - The Home Depot
This is where I get mine - hope it helps https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012B9HU8W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Not quite as cheap, but if you're a prime customer, free delivery...

I'm cautious about the mystery 6% in that Snow Joe. I don't know of actual problems but mystery ingredients could be contaminates to the water that I don't want.

I'd go with the Amazon product at 100% calcium before that Snow Joe myself.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: jtpipkin
Thank you jt. I tried to discern the % CaCl but could not find it. I found an MSDS w another similar product and it stated the CACl content was 20-30% on 25lbs...that's only 5lbs - 7.5lbs CaCal. I wonder what the other 20-17.5lbs would be? That's A LOT of filler material.

Thank you jt. I tried to discern the % CaCl but could not find it. I found an MSDS w another similar product and it stated the CACl content was 20-30% on 25lbs...that's only 5lbs - 7.5lbs CaCal. I wonder what the other 20-17.5lbs would be? That's A LOT of filler material.
I researched on here as well - I'm all for saving money, but too many unanswered questions with the fillers - and I checked a lot of them. Work too hard to get it right to screw it all up and then have to try and guess what went wrong.

Thank you Maddie & JT...I do appreciate your help & persistence.

I called SnowJoe and the majority of the 6% is NaCl (5%) and a few other very small %'s.. Here's the info from SDS & let me know if you see any red flags. There's .003% Fe (iron), but that's pretty negligible

PS / I totally missed the content on back of the box :(

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.