Buy 280 or fix my broken 3900 & best price?

Triumph65

Gold Supporter
May 10, 2018
Wimberley Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,
Over the years I have replaced just about every part on my 3900 but the part replacements are becoming routine. I just had the back wheel seize up and replaced the bearings. Now the wheels don’t move so thinking the frozen wheel stripped the gear box.
So the decision is, do I keep throwing money at the 3900 or just buy a 280? My pool guy says 280 and of course the pool shop says 3900.

If the answer is the 280 I just need advice on finding the best price, rebates, etc...

I have a 14,000 gallon in ground with 3 steps, sloped sides & stonescape pebble plaster.

Hi,
Over the years I have replaced just about every part on my 3900 but the part replacements are becoming routine. I just had the back wheel seize up and replaced the bearings. Now the wheels don’t move so thinking the frozen wheel stripped the gear box.
So the decision is, do I keep throwing money at the 3900 or just buy a 280? My pool guy says 280 and of course the pool shop says 3900.

If the answer is the 280 I just need advice on finding the best price, rebates, etc...

I have a 14,000 gallon in ground with 3 steps, sloped sides & stonescape pebble plaster.

Just a little further info. My 3900 drive is fried and I’ll need the $170.00 rebuild kit to keep her going. Most of the other parts have already been replaced.

If I was buying a new pressure cleaner I would get the new Polaris Quattro cleaner. It is about twice the cost of a 280 but I think much better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.