Burning through chlorine

FTC3

Jul 7, 2012
Las Vegas
Hi! I’ve had a few patches of yellow algae over the last few weeks. They scrubbed up with no problem. I’m in the process of super chlorinating (liquid 10%) the pool to wipe it out. The pool looks great but I’m burning through chlorine. Going from a 20ppm to 2.5ppm. I have scrubbed the pool and vacuumed, plus I replaced the filters recently too.

Am I on the right track? Just keep at it or am I missing something?

PH 7.6
CH 350
TA 120
CYA 30

I did the SLAM after. Is this a new acronym for here? I’ve been on here off and on for years but don’t recall it being called this???

I’m about 4 days into the process. Does it usually take this long?

I did the SLAM after. Is this a new acronym for here? I’ve been on here off and on for years but don’t recall it being called this???

I’m about 4 days into the process. Does it usually take this long?
The acronym has been used for several years now, in the hope it would end the confusion between "Shock process" and "shock" as in the product and the pool store megadosing.

It can take anywhere from 3 days to a couple weeks depending on how bad the water was to start. If you water was most;y clear but just had stuff on the walls, and you're still not passing the overnight test, it's probably time to start hunting in side ladders and behind lights.

Reactions: frogabog
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.