Buried AGP Pool Build

Still needing the caps on the top, pump and filter hooked up, and backfill. Sighs... 2-3 day project going on 2-3 weeks! I do really like the color of the pool with the water in it...

jones-p3.jpg

jones-p4.jpg

jones-p2.jpg

jones-p1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It took too long and it's still not done lol. Between the rain delays and the pool guys rescheduling half of the time, it's been about 3 weeks now. However, probably only 3 days of full work...
Looking good!! Hopefully you will be swimming soon! We were in the same boat with rain and delays. Then when the deck got framed we had a week and a half of covered pool and no way to get in... You guys will be enjoying soon!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You're area still chlorinates the water too. The RO treatment is happening after that. Your water and ours, supplied by the NTMWD, is disinfected with chloramines and retains 2-3 ppm after leaving the water treatment plant.

I verified your statement but I have a question. I have a brother in law who works for the water district who told me there is no chlorine in it at the tap but it is treated with chlorine in the cleaning process. I have tested my tap water many times since I got my pool and even at the .5ppm level it never shows any Chlorine. What would cause that?

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, I found it. Very interesting.

"The City of Mesquite does not maintain a "free chlorine" residual in the drinking water. The NTMWD uses "chloramines" for water disinfection, leaving a chloramine residual behind for secondary disinfection of water in the distribution system. In other words there is a chloramine product in the water which is available to disinfect anything that might enter the system after initial treatment.

Chlorine alone was found to bind with other materials to produce a biproduct considered to be carcinogenic in nature. Chloramines are formed by combining chlorine and ammonia before injection to the water. This combination stabilizes the chlorine greatly reducing the production of carcinogens, thus meeting Federal Drinking Water rules. In addition, this combination lasts much longer in the system for secondary disinfection."

It looks like the pool installers are bailing on me again today- day 3 after filling up the pool halfway. I'm thinking of having my husband do the skimmer tonight and try to set up the pump and SWG. We had a cement pad poured to set the equipment on, but it's not right near the pool, so the guys ran PVC pipe to that area. Is this something we can set up on our own? Any tips or advice would be great!

I'm not crazy about the overlap liner showing at all. If I would have realized it was going to show, I would have gotten another liner. Is there a way I can trim it off or something? I'm 100% sure they are planning to leave it as is.

When they are done filling it up they should go back and take the caps off and fold the liner up onto itself to hide most of that. That is what they did with mine and I had a lot of left over liner. They didn't cut any of it off.

When they are done filling it up they should go back and take the caps off and fold the liner up onto itself to hide most of that. That is what they did with mine and I had a lot of left over liner. They didn't cut any of it off.

They aren't going to do that- I can already tell you. My pool is still half full with no pump, skimmer, etc... But maybe my husband can figure it out lol. We are going to try to set the equipment up this afternoon.

Thanks!

They aren't going to do that- I can already tell you. They won't even get out here to finish the job. My pool is still half full with no pump, skimmer, etc... But maybe my husband can figure it out lol. We are going to try to set the equipment up this afternoon.

Thanks!
Are toy going to hard pipe PVC? If so look at my build post, it's not that hard and I posted the parts list on there.

Are toy going to hard pipe PVC? If so look at my build post, it's not that hard and I posted the parts list on there.

Can you link to your build? (NVM I found it)- But your pipe looks way more complex than what they put down for us. Basically 2 long pvc pipes!

This is what we have so far, with the pvc pipe they put down as well as the cement equipment pad:

Attempting to setup Pump on new AGP this evening- please HELP!!

Would LOVE your suggestions on how to work with this!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here we are- up and running! And our first dip in the pool yesterday :)

Waiting on the backfill now...

jones-p5.jpg

jones-p6.jpg

The pool guys finally showed up on Saturday afternoon and got all of the plumbing done. My husband had to get one last piece from Home Depot to finish things off, but we are good to go now!!

Your pool looks great!
I'm in Baton Rouge also and we are having a sunken AGP installed as soon as there is a good forecast w/ no rain....fingers crossed!!
I recognized your pool builder and his son in the picture- same folks I've hired, and from what I'm told the only builder in the area who does "sunken" AGP's....
Your pool looks very good, with no wrinkles in the liner - I like that-
Overall, are you satisfied with their work? I'm pretty particular and I'm a little concerned...what do you think?
Thanks!

Your pool looks great!
I'm in Baton Rouge also and we are having a sunken AGP installed as soon as there is a good forecast w/ no rain....fingers crossed!!
I recognized your pool builder and his son in the picture- same folks I've hired, and from what I'm told the only builder in the area who does "sunken" AGP's....
Your pool looks very good, with no wrinkles in the liner - I like that-
Overall, are you satisfied with their work? I'm pretty particular and I'm a little concerned...what do you think?
Thanks!

Hi Matthew!!!

How awesome that you are in BR also :eek: I'm going to be honest with you here- this process has taken a LOT longer than the guys told me it was going to take (but I was already impatiently wanting a pool like yesterday haha). And many days I wanted to honestly call it quits. BUT, I should probably tell you that the installer and I worked out a trade for a website design (I am a Web Designer), and I only paid for the Bobcat. I think this put my project at the bottom of his priority list. The rain did hold things up once the hole filled up with swamp water from the rain (lol), but the guys also called to say they couldn't make it b/c of vehicle issues a few times. The owner is a really nice guy, and I am pleased with the pool now that it is up. They still have to come and backfill (supposed to be this weekend- but I'll keep you posted on that). Once that is finished, we are DONE!

So a 2-3 day job (which is what I was initially told) is now rolling into 3-4 weeks. There are no wrinkles in the liner, but the bottom does have some very minor little dips. They put sand on the bottom then a black plastic on top before installing the pool. The one thing I noticed is that the pool is a little bit crooked in the yard (my husband says it's all in my head and that our lot is not perfectly straight LOL), but to me it is slightly tilted. So just make sure when they are setting up the initial supports that the placement is 100% where you want it. Other than that, we are thrilled to have a pool in the ground for less than 40k! We are looking forward to getting our yard back together and eventually putting a deck up. But for now, we are enjoying swimming in this 100 degree heat!!!

Please post pictures of your install, I'd love to see it!

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them :eek:

Wanted to bid farewell and say RIP to our old pool. One of the sides caved in after a large kid decided to jump off of the side and we think the installer didn't do the *best* job.

We have since moved....and I'm back to TFP and ready to purchase our next pool! Not burying it this time though...

Attachments

• pool2.jpeg
    pool2.jpeg
    804.1 KB · Views: 9
  • pool.jpeg
    pool.jpeg
    665.4 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: KfenTx and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.