Bullfrog spas and AhhSome product

Sep 8, 2018
Concord, CA
I learned about the AhhSome product and purged my new Bullfrog spa. It worked great but man what a pain to clean as the goo gets behind the jet packs. I could remove the packs but then I would not be cleaning the pipes in the pack. Next time I think I'll tape up the seams on on the jet packs near the top.

Also of note, talking with the owner of Ahhsome, Jerry, he said I could do a second purge without draining the spa. Just clean up and then add half the amount of gel for the 2nd purge.

IMG_4520.jpg

A very important step in the purge process is to wipe away as much detritus gunk, grime and other eliminated bio-contaminants as you see it build on the shell DURING the purge process. The gunk inside the piping and jets can be biofilm. Polysaccharides (sugar molecules), can be part of this material you will purge. This stuff is very sticky and gooey. Never let it stand or sit on any surface until it dries. Rinse and wipe as you see it. Doing this will allow for a much easier cleanup. Nice to see you purging a brand new hot tub. Most people don’t. Most dealers don’t even mention it. For those that do, a major reward is that the water quality and clarity will be to the Nth degree, sanitizer demand will be lower and the overall maintenance protocols will be less demanding. Lastly, many people use a small amount of the Ahh-Some gel, 3/4 tsp added to 32 ounces of water, and spray this on the hard to clean areas after the purge. This will definitely help.

Reactions: TheBraLady
I’m glad to be a member here. My Bullfrog spa is getting filled tonight and the ahhsome is in the mail box. I’ll keep these tips in mind. Are there any comprehensive directions on the website by chance?

18x36 vinyl liner ,19k gallons, Hayward Sand Filter, Maxflo VS pump, Hayward VS Omni automation, Aquarite 900 SWCG, Rheem 115k Heat pump, Colorlogic LED, Dolphin M400 robot, TF-100/K-1766

Hi Todd: Yes, there are step by step instructions on the website. You’ll be a happy hot rubber after you do the purge.
Please keep this forum up to date on how it all goes. BTW, Bullfrog is a great manufacturer. You’ll love it!

Another annoying thing is that you can't take the pack out while you purge, else you have a giant geyser of water blasting into the air. I like that idea of taping up the seams. Vacuuming the scum off the foam while the purge is in process will reduce the amount of it that you have to wipe off the sides.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.