Bulk water delivery in North Dallas area

AquaB

Silver Supporter
Jul 12, 2020
Plano, Texas
It's first time I post a question here on TFP. Really love how informative the forum is. I need help on finding a bulk water delivery service in North Dallas area around Plano (75025) to refill my pool with about 13000 ga water. My backyard faucet can only supply 300 gallon per hour and it will take more than 40 hours to refill. I did once during this Spring, but really try to avoid doing it again in hot Texas summer. I had been relying on Trichlor and Dichlor for too long before enlightened by TFP :) Hope this will be the last time I waste good water due to CYA.

I searched bulk delivery service nearby, but no luck. Culligan don't fill pool water and others are for drinking water. Anyone has vendors to recommend?

My pool is about 8 ft in deeper side and water is clear with little algae. I did water test this morning as shown below.
FC: 4 PPM
CC: 0.5 PPM
PH: 7.6
TA: 135
CH: 250
CYA: 100

I would like to lower my CYA to 40. Do I need to do anything else before draining and refilling?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200719_123905.jpg
    IMG_20200719_123905.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 7
We have a No Drain Water Exchange Process where you can balance the pump out with the amount your hose tap can supply.

Otherwise I suggest you call aroudn to pool builders or pool stores and ask who they use for pool water trucks.

In the meantime I suggest you increase your FC to 11-13 for your CYA 100. FC/CYA Levels

Reactions: HermanTX
@ajw22 That's a great advice. Reading through the posts you listed helped me to understand the procedure. My pool has a variable speed pump (Pentair 011018), so these are what I did so far:
(1) Extended garden hose to add water into shallow side skimmer at 5 GPM.
(2) Run pump at 800 RPM to dump water to the house's main drain. I wish I could run the pump slower. Although the pump can run at 450 RPM, I found anything below 800 RPM would cause increased vibration.

For my pool, per inch depth is about 318 ga water. Starting at 6:30 pm, I lost about 9 inch water within 4 hours. So the pump is draining at 16 GPM. I stopped pump at 10:30 pm so I have enough time to refill the pool before sunrise. Look like I will need to run at least two more two days to bring down the CYA, but I feel the procedure is much safer for the pool.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.