Bulk bleach in NC

Steve_in_C

Bronze Supporter
Jul 6, 2017
Kinston, NC
This has been posted before but the posts are a bit old.

I am buying bulk bleach in a 55 gallon barrel for $129 at MVP services in Raleigh. With a barrel pump ($25 at MVP) you can pump it out of the back of a barrel in your pickup truck in to your storage container. In my case, I pump it into 2 barrels filling each of them 1/2 way up. Then I finish filling with water 2 to make it 1/2 strength and last longer. The original bleach percentage is supposed to be between 10 and 15%. The bleach that I bought last fall has gone through the winter well and today the 1/2 strength bleach tested 6.5%. They also have 5 gallon carboys of bleach for $15.

and scroll down to the bottom to see the bleach prices.

Since they mainly sell to pressure washer contractors, be sure to get the bleach with no soap. They have not had any bleach shortage during COVID and tell me that they sell 4000 gallons per week during their prime season. 1 barrel of MVP bleach is more than I use in a season.

MVP tells me that the bleach is manufactured in Charlotte and delivered to Raleigh weekly. There are likely some more bulk suppliers in NC than just MVP, I'm just not familiar with them

Last edited:
Appreciate the info!

Best thing we have going in Fayetteville is Pool Essentials LC (10%) at Walmart for $3.74.
Lowe’s has increased its price to $4.28 (from $3.64) this year and HD is even higher.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.