Bulging and cracked walls at the deep end

Jim57

Sep 13, 2018
Renton, Washington
I have an in ground pool fiberglass that is bulging at the walls and leaking! I was given a bid that was cost prohibitive ($25,000.00). I have fiberglass experience and would like to know how to do the repair and fix the bulging. Any help would be greatly appreciated, also can I fix the damage now and recoat the pool at a later date?

Thanks Jim

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

There have been some threads on similar repair jobs. It depends on what is pushing on the wall of the pool and the extent of the damage. Also the control of ground water when the pool is drained so that the shell does not pop out of the ground.

Do a search of the forum. Use the search box in the upper right.

If you are interested in learning more about TFPC, I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Trouble Free Pool School book.

Draining a fiberglass pool if you have any amount of ground water is very problematic. Do you have a dry well to monitor your ground water near your pool? Did you use a pump to remove any ground water under the pool prior to draining?

If you are in an area with ground water, there should have been one or more wells drilled around the pool when installed. You put a sump pump down the wells to drain out the water.

I do not have to worry about that as I am in the desert. But I still do not drain my pool. If I need to exchange water I have a process to do that.

I would suggest you contact a pool builder or other pool professional on how to address this issue.

There are no wells or anything around the pool that a sump pump would fit into. When I drained the pool I used a sump pump along with the pump and put the filter valve in the waste water position. There is a tube that sticks approximately 15 inches above the pool directly behind the deep end. Thanks for your help I’ll contact someone today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.