Building Pool - Recommendations?

BentonTiger7

Dec 18, 2020
Benton, LA
We decided to get a gunite pool. I'm trying to make sure I'm not missing anything I'll wish I would've done later. Our dig date is January 20th. We are going with an 18x36 rectangle sports pool, a 7x7 square spa, and a sun deck big enough for 3 of those in water lounge chairs. The 18x36 is the main pool and the spa and sun deck protrude out from it so they won't interfere with main pool. Depths will be 3.5'x5'x3.5'. We have steps entering pool on each side and seats built into the sides of the pool in several places. I'm debating between the Marquis Magic(upgrade over standard white) plaster and the little more expensive but rougher pebble plaster. We are doing silver travertine coping. The builder is including a Dolphin DX3 cleaner. It'll be fully automated through an app. We have 3 LED lights in pool, 1 in spa, and 2 LED bubblers on sun deck. In our quote is 800 sq feet of concrete decking around pool. We are going with traditional chlorine. We'll be getting a 400k BTU heater. Are there any must haves I'm missing or any advice on anything?

Attachments

• Pool 1.jpg
    Pool 1.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 45
  • InkedPool Bid_LI.jpg
    InkedPool Bid_LI.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 44
Welcome to the forum!
Be sure the depths are water depth. Unless you have very young children, 3.5' is quite shallow. So be aware of that.
You say you will be using 'traditional chlorine'. I assume by that you mean you will be able to add liquid chlorine to the pool EVERY DAY. Do realize a Salt Water Chlorine Generator, using the small level of salt in the pool water, will create the chlorine each day for you.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to TFP. You can find lots of help and good info on this site.
Best if you post a picture or graphic of your proposed pool as that helps all of us understand the layout.
Also, understanding your plumbing design now is very helpful in equipment evaluations and needs.
For example, will you have 2 skimmers or 1? Will you have a main drain? You appear not to have any other water features other than the bubblers and I assume a spillover from the spa to the pool.
you can Create Your Signature to help us understand what your current setup will be such as what you noted above but it will be included automatically each time you have a question.
Keep in touch and don't be shy in asking questions or seeking advice on what your PB may be telling you.

Go Tigers!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.