Building in Georgia Drone PICS

I like the Taylor kit. I have the little one (without the C). If you've got another thread going, then you can ask about CSI and your CH over there. No need to have two conversations about it. But you're not so out of whack, at all, so no need to panic! Just something to adjust a bit. ;)

When you talk about "wiz wheel," are you getting CSI from that, or Pool Math? And if it's from that little gizmo that comes with a Taylor kit, I don't know what that is. They call it Saturation Index, which is serving the same purpose, but it's not clear if that calculator is based on LSI or CSI. It's my understanding that LSI was originally developed for something else (big water main pipes, I think), and adopted by the pool industry because that was all there was. CSI was later refined from LSI to be more about swimming pools. Sorry, I'm a little fuzzy on that. No matter. Point is: in discussing CSI, you should use the calculations derived from Pool Math, not Taylor's wheel, so that you and the TFP Experts helping you are talking apples-apples... And Pool Math has a built-in CSI calculator that is much easier than that wheel.

You're doing great. You're here, at TFP, you're taking over your pool, and learning how to take care of it yourself. That puts you in the 98th percentile, and way better off than others who use pool guys and pool stores!

Excuse my ignorance... yes, saturation from the wiz wheel is what I was referring to. I will have to revisit pool math and learn about CSI. I have been focused on getting some chlorine in the pool and keeping it there...lol What is CSI?? I am so amature

Excuse my ignorance... yes, saturation from the wiz wheel is what I was referring to. I will have to revisit pool math and learn about CSI. I have been focused on getting some chlorine in the pool and keeping it there...lol What is CSI?? I am so amature

Start here (you'll see why I brought up your CH):

Pool School - Calcium Scaling

Then type "CSI" into the search box of the TFP website. You'll have plenty of late night reading...

PS. Yes, keep your FC in line, and your pool sanitized. That is job one, so no problem concentrating your efforts there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.