Building and Trying to Decide on Furniture. Help Needed

mayberry32

Silver Supporter
Jun 24, 2019
Watkinsville, GA
So, we are a few weeks from our pool being finished and we want to go ahead and order pool furniture: a 6 person dining table and chairs, and a few chaise lounges. It seems things are either outrageously priced, or look very cheap. So, we can't decide what to get. We don't want cushions that have to be cleaned and stay wet. We'd prefer something that can be sprayed off or pressure washed and kept clean and maintained for numerous years. We are looking at mesh, rattan or wicker style material for the chairs, and just can't decide, as this is our first pool. All will be exposed to very hot Georgia sun. We've looked at Frontgate, Wayfair, Home Depot, and Amazon. Can someone who has found really nice furniture help point us in the right direction? Hard to buy some of this stuff without getting to actually see and touch it. Just looking for comfortable, durable and easy to maintain. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I havr the basic mesh chairs from home depot. They hold up well but for about $20 each they arent anything fancy. There are bar height round table sets that come with swivel/rocking chairs made with a similar mesh. They would be fancier with the high backs yet pretty durable. Like you said though it hard to tell from internet pics and the name brand furniture stores are outragously priced. I got so fustrated trying to find a reasonable table that i ended up building my own out of cedar. $350 in lumber would have been $1k-$2k at the stores Hopefully some people here can posts links to what they use .

Yes it’s a tough decision buying something without actually seeing/touching it. We labored the same thing and ended up getting a bunch of TK Classics furniture from Wayfair and couldn’t be happier with our purchase. I think there’s some pics in my build thread. I’d also recommend looking at a Treasure Garden Cantilever umbrella if you need sun protection, we initially bought one 13 foot one and liked it so much we bought a second and now have full shade coverage for our sitting area.

Salty

We went through the same decision process for our pool. Given that we wanted the furniture to last and minimal maintenance, we went with a table set and adirondacks from By The Yard. There are others out there that have the same material(recycled plastic that doesn't fade). The Adirondacks are comfortable and fit our needs. We bought moderately priced lounge chairs from Home Depot, but will replace with By The Yard lounges when the others are no longer functional. Our outdoor store near us in Houston has furniture like this now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.