Building a pool for the first time......

Geib5

Apr 30, 2023
Venice, Florida
All looking for some insights into the rough design of my pool area. This is new for me and I haven't been able to get any real good feedback, so joining this group to see if you can point me in the right direction. Here is my excel version of the design: Pool; Hot tub; Pergola and Kitchen. I always think bigger in better in the yard, but the costs seem to be exceeding my expectations.... All recommendations welcome and if you have an estimated cost (based on your experience) that would be helpful. Thanks all.
1682884610675.png

FLORIDA in the house!! HI!!

So where is the house in this picture? is it where the words door and windows are? What all will be covered? (I don't want to guess)

What kind of pool are you thinking of? Vinyl, plaster, fiberglass? What do you think you want to do in the pool? Laps, float with a drink in your hand, play fun water games?

I'm laughing because here is my pool layout. If you need to see your future pool in real life (sort of) you can see the link in my signature to my build thread. The items at the left side were nixed.

I might recommend some deep end corner benches. My project was about $120K all in 10 years ago, so that's pretty much meaningless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.