Builder supplied Alpha iQ or EPIC 8642 iQ or call Marina?

Pool$

Nov 26, 2020
Placerville, Ca
I asked my builder for a robot cleaner option and he gave me 3 options instead of the included Polaris TR28P and booster pump:
  1. Alpha iQ +$650 (including GFI circuit)
  2. EPIC 8642 iQ +$150 (including GFI circuit)
  3. Buy my own and get $900 credit for TR28P and booster.
I can't find much info in TFP on the #1 and #2 robots.
Pool will be about 15k gallon, irregular shape, cabo shelf and a small amount of little leaves. I dont mind paying some extra for some automation, and it looks like the 2 robots he offered can be controlled by my Jandy/Polaris equipment.
Suggestions?

Buy your own. A quick google search shows the Alpha IQ+ is $1499. Hes selling it to you for $1550. You could literally purchase any other residential robot for cheaper than that, some are half that and clean just as good. Most people on this forum like the Dolphin S200 or equivalent. We purchase Dolphin robots from Marina in Colorado. Home - Marina Pool Spa & Patio They ship all over very quickly and are great with customer service.

Reactions: Pool$
I asked my builder for a robot cleaner option and he gave me 3 options instead of the included Polaris TR28P and booster pump:
  1. Alpha iQ +$650 (including GFI circuit)
  2. EPIC 8642 iQ +$150 (including GFI circuit)
  3. Buy my own and get $900 credit for TR28P and booster.
I can't find much info in TFP on the #1 and #2 robots.
Pool will be about 15k gallon, irregular shape, cabo shelf and a small amount of little leaves. I dont mind paying some extra for some automation, and it looks like the 2 robots he offered can be controlled by my Jandy/Polaris equipment.
Suggestions?
What did you end up getting?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.