Builder/single manufacturer warranty benefits..

poolnoobgrandma

Gold Supporter
Sep 15, 2018
Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
We just had our Hayward pump replaced under warranty more than two years after our pool install. Because we went with all Hayward equipment through our builder all our equipment has a three year warranty. Something to consider as you are comparing bids.

If you can get a licensed ‘installer’ to sign off on it, yes. Many will be reluctant to do so for cheap because their profit is built into the installed plus warrantied unit cost.

On my last build, my PB got about $1k more per piece. I imagine about a third of that up charge was his higher dealer cost than the online retailers, another third for installation and the last third for the warranty. Or 40/30/30 or some similar breakdown of his $1k.

The warranty sure is nice if you need it, but like any warranty, chances are only 1 of the 3 will go bad and you’d lose money overall. For the overwhelming majority they won’t even have one go bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.