Builder/Renovation Recommendations

kfong87

Aug 22, 2022
Fairfax, VA
Hey TFP - I'm looking for a reputable builder in the area (Fairfax, VA) to do a renovation on my 25 year old pool. I'm looking for a full overhaul - new coping, deck, tile, equipment (including adding a heater), and addition of an auto-cover. I've reached out to landscape companies that are quoting through the roof. I was hoping to find some specialized pool builders in the area that might be able to help for a reasonable price. I'm not trying to do anything fancy (don't care about special lighting or water features). I just want to get my pool up to date and cosmetically acceptable. Let me know if you have any recommendations. Thanks.

Good luck in your search. I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but as a former Vienna residents I can attest to the fact that everything in NoVa is stupid expensive. I wish I had someone for you.

Even my contractor who totally remodeled our 50's house threw up his hands and left the area.

These are by no means recommendations, but some of the companies in the NOVA area I've talked to/met for pool renovation: Miller Pools, Cornerstone Foundations LLC, Dolphin Pools, Millennium Pools, JW Contracting. I'm looking to do similar work to my 20 year old 20K gal gunite pool. I want to replaster with a quartz aggregate finish, replace the tile, and add to my concrete deck. My pool is in very good condition for 20 yrs, and doesn't really need to be worked on, so I'm struggling with the mindset of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' vs. 'I want a new look'. I don't want to disrupt the structural integrity of the pool, so I'm hesitant to replace the coping (bullnose red brick), but don't know if it's wise to only replace the tile w/the replaster job, basically asking the coping to hang in there for another 10 to 20 years. Is there any harm/risk in just replacing the tile but not the coping?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.