Build thread: Vinyl in-ground, 18x40, Fastlane, Autocover.

I thought they were going to bail on me, but they came and opened the pool! We all kept our distance from each other. These guys hadn't been to my house before, and they were great. They were very confused by the fact that I didn't want them to put algicide in the pool. I did let them throw in their 5lb hypochlorite --- I figure chlorine is scarce, and the SWG won't work for awhile. The most amazing thing was that there was STILL FREE CHLORINE in the pool! I couldn't believe it!

FC 2.5
CC 0
Salt 1300
CYA 0

I left my ph stuff inside so I didn't get it. Anyway, the guys were impressed with my test kit. They don't see those, like, ever, I guess. They added 10 bags of salt at my request (per pool math). I hung a sock with CYA up. They'd never seen anyone do that either!

The water level was too low to turn on the skimmers, so I will turn them on when the water is high enough.

And the best news: The liner is FINE! No signs of wrinkles or any bubbles. I'm beyond relieved. I turned the fastlane on, and it works fine, too.

More pics later, but here's one for now of the just-opened pool. I'm a believer in the opaque cover! The robot is cleaning up the little leaves and distributing the salt.

imagejpeg_1.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.