Bugs on pool top rails

smankins

Bronze Supporter
Feb 10, 2017
Longview / Texas
I wasn't sure where to post this so I will try here. I have been seeing a lot of these critters lately and am not sure what they are or how to get rid of them. My wife says they are no-see-ums although we can see um when there are this many. They were biting her but I wasn't bitten. I have had bad experiences with no-see-ums in Florida. Ouch! and I never did see um. They seem to come out more after a rain and seem to really like this white railing. They also fly around out by the pool. I have not noticed them anywhere else or really noticed them until we installed this pool (new pool by the way). Thanks for any info.

33944309546_752b97fcc6_c.jpg

We also call those no see ums and they are very irritating little pests. They do bite and are annoying.
Not really sure on what to do t get rid of them. I will occasionally fog the back yard especially around the pool and under the deck. It helps with the mosquitoes but those little bugs just come in waves and then they are gone for a while. Inevitably they always come back for some period of time. I hope someone has some ideas as I'd like to know how to get them away period.

Thanks for the info. I just happened to see a home video from about 5 years ago where my wife mentions she is getting bit by no-see-ums so I guess they have been here before. They just didn't have a nice big watering hole place to party. They weren't as thick on the rail today so hopefully they are leaving / dying.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.