bugs in my skimmer

We use socks and hairnets, so I bent a metal coat hanger and use that to fish the basket out of our skimmer. All it took was one spider running up my arm for me to decide to not stick my hand in there ever again. :eek: I just leave the hanger in the cabinet with our robot and grab it when I need it.

I don't know how I could use the Skimmer Angel with my Pentair Bermuda skimmers and Amazon hairnet skimmer socks. The design of the skimmer is such that the handle, unless removed, must be inside the sock. I use a kind of oversize strainer to skim any floating debris inside the skimmer compartment, then use one of the tabs to lift out the skimmer without tearing the hairnet/sock, for cleaning and return. See attached pic. The stone is to keep the skimmer and sock from floating up when the pump is off. I usually get 4-5 days out of a hairnet before it has to be replaced. Note: Everything here I learned from this site.

I would run into the same issue. I use these skimmer socks:

but like you, I also keep a rock in the bottom. They catch too much to justify not using one

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.