bubbles out of one return jet

Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne, FL
Can someone explain to me where I might be getting air in my system if there is no air in the pump pot and no air in the filter (absolutely no air comes out of the filter air relief valve)? I thought maybe the chlorinator (that I don't use except when I leave the house for more than a week) and I even replaced the O ring because it looked a little stretched out, but it's still burping bubbles periodically. It's been happening for probably several months to varying degrees, and ramping up my pump will clear it out for a couple of hours, but then it will come back in that first return. I've researched and researched and researched, but no one seems to have my particular scenario. I suspect it might have something to do with my solar system (my pipes have to go all the way up to the 2nd story of a very tall house), but I've had my solar disabled for weeks because I don't need it in Florida right now. I try not to let the little things bother me, but this nags at me every time I see or hear it.

When we hear bubbles, we often say suction side leak. But based on your description and good prime at the pot, I'm going to go in a different direction. With no SWG, it certainly could be your solar, but that's not my area of expertise. :( Additionally, I can tell you that I have that exact same issue when my filter is dirty. It slows-down water flow, creates a type of churning/out-gassing, and the first return jet starts spitting-out small bubbles since it's the first in a series of jets on the line. So if you haven't checked the filter lately, you might start there. If that doesn't do the trick, we can have some solar experts chime in.

I have had a little bit of a pressure rise, not a lot, maybe 2-3 psi, but I’ll start there. It will be about a week or so before I can get to it. It’s raining cats and dogs tonight and I’ll be out of state tomorrow. Thank you for the advice - will update!

I have had a little bit of a pressure rise, not a lot, maybe 2-3 psi, but I’ll start there. It will be about a week or so before I can get to it. It’s raining cats and dogs tonight and I’ll be out of state tomorrow. Thank you for the advice - will update!

I completely forgot to respond to this, but in case anyone is wondering the outcome, I did clean the filter and that reduced almost all of the bubbles. Still will get tiny ones every so often, but I can live with that - it’s not burping them out regularly like it used to, so I think Texas Splash was right about churning water in the filter. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.