Mississippi
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Compu Pool CPX / CPSC36
I have an 18000 gallon concrete pool with air bubbles coming out one jet. Suction side air leak, right. Except I have done everything I have found on this forum and Youtube to try and correct the issue: tried smoke, shaving cream, replaced O ring gaskets, put PVC glue over every joint, ran water over every joint and union, lubed every union and joint, taped the skimmer lid on just to convince me there was not leak there. Nothing helps. There is a bubble of air in the pump skimmer lid (which was always there before the problem, it is in the space where the handle is made in the lid and I don't think it can get out. Here is another possible clue, it takes about an hour after the pool comes on before the bubbles show. If i cut the pump off for a minute or two and back on the bubbles won't come back for 30 minutes or so. With the diverter on recirculate it runs all day without bubbles. I have looked at 30 "suction side leaks" on this forum already but have not seen anything concerning why the inconsistency in the bubbles appearing. Thanks in advance for any possible suggestions.

An SWG will create tiny bubbles of hydrogen gas that enter the return lines. Usually they end up coming out of one of the closest returns. Try turning off your swg and see if the bubbles stop.

Reactions: borjis