Bubbles in pool, water fill rate with VS Pump

patplh

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2009
Massachusetts
Hi, I have two questions I hope to get help with :)
1. When I divert all the suction from skimmer to main drain, I get consistent bubbling in my returns. When I switch it to 25/75 (skimmer/main), i don't get bubbles. Does this mean air is getting introduced into the plumbing between the main drain and the pump? How big of an issue is this? I remember it being an issue last year too. How do I fix this? We haven't noticed any leaking or any change in pool level.
2. We just installed this new VS pump (Pureline 2626 / 2606) and all went well, but I've noticed the pump basket is not always full of water when the filter pressure is about 5 higher than the clean pressure. Is this normal? Our starting pressure went is 10. So now, at 15PSI, I've been backwashing and that's when I noticed the pump basket wasn't full when the pump is on at normal speed.
Thanks so much, Patty

1. It takes more suction to pull from the main drain only. Check your pump basket lid gasket. Be sure it is lubed with pool lube.
2. Clean your filter when the filter pressure rises by 25% over clean pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.