Bubbles in one of the returns

mizzamouse

Silver Supporter
Jul 10, 2017
Woburn/MA
Hey, Everyone!

I noticed tonight that one of the returns seems to be producing a lot of bubbles at the surface whereas the others do not. I also hear that return making some noise, almost like it's gulping water. Lastly, (And this may be because I hear the noise on the return) but I feel like I can hear the water rushing through the equipment a lot louder, specifically the heat pump. Anything to be concerned about?

Thanks for your help!

With my SWG, I get bubbles through one return seems to be closest to filter. Near the pump and SWG I can hear what sounds like bubbles and crackling. I read somewhere it caused by the SWG. Don’t remember why but normal.

This has been resolved. After inspecting the glass cover and o-ring in the filter basket 3 times, I thought I’d try it once more and secure the top a different way. Once I did that there were no more bubbles in the basket! In addition to that, the noise that was coming from the heat pump (almost like something banging around that was loose) stopped as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.