Bubble keeps forming under new liner...

May 22, 2013
St Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Quick backstory... we replaced our liner this past week & did it ourselves. With the help of a few folks on this board, we managed to get it done.

Fast forward to today. We've been putting water in it & have it up to about ankle height in the shallow end. There's a bubble that formed, so I hopped in to work it to the side.. it burped & was flat. Within a couple minutes, it started forming again.

I'll go back & check the photos I took before the liner went in, but I'm 98% positive there weren't any cracks or issues with the floor in that area. Now, it feels like the floor gives out, kinda like a rotten wooden board. (I circled the area where the bubble keeps forming in an attached photo.)

Should we keep putting water in the pool? Should we continue vacuuming? We turned the vacuum off out of frustration so we could carry on a conversation, and immediately, lots of slack showed up in the shallow end corners. Are these OK enough to let the water stretch them out?

We're feeling very discouraged & extremely defeated right now... :(

Attachments

• 20220604_163348.jpg
    20220604_163348.jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 20220604_165848.jpg
    20220604_165848.jpg
    786.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20220604-170306_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220604-170306_Gallery.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 45
I should also add, we installed the 2 main drains yesterday.. the husband fears there may be a leak in one of the main drain pipes. If this is the case, could that be causing a bubble? Or a water bubble? I'm fairly certain its air because when I got it to the edge, it audibly "burped"... but I don't know all the ins & outs with all of this, so I could be talking totally out of my arse. LOL

Hoping somebody chimes in. I'm getting ready to install a new liner and would like to know what to watch out for.
So... we're thinking maybe there was just some rogue air that the vacuum didnt get, and it all found the path of least resistance & gathered there. Because once the water got deeper, the bubble disappeared. We weren't around when it happened - I would have loved to see it travel across the floor & "blurp" up the side. LOL.

Have you started your liner yet??

So... we're thinking maybe there was just some rogue air that the vacuum didnt get, and it all found the path of least resistance & gathered there. Because once the water got deeper, the bubble disappeared. We weren't around when it happened - I would have loved to see it travel across the floor & "blurp" up the side. LOL.

Have you started your liner yet??
Ahahaha that would have been fun to see for sure. No, haven't been able to start mine. Had some drama with the sub who was finishing the bottom. I'm crossing my fingers and toes it happens within the next week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.