Cape Coral, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi, everyday before my pool kicks in - in the morning I get bubbles coming out of my jets. Like it has to clear its throat before shooting out the water. Once the bubbles purge my system runs like a top. Is it normal for bubbles to come out of the jets when the pool initially kicks in? Or does that indicate an air leak? I'm new to pool living. In-ground pool came with the home we purchased. Thanks for your feedback.

He Whiz !!! Is there air in the pump basket ? How often do you bleed the air from the filter ?

Ad,

I suspect that your pump or filter is draining back into the pool when the pump is off.

And no, it is not normal for the system to blow bubbles in the morning...

The only time I bleed air from my filter is when I've had the filter apart...

Thanks,

Jim R.

I do not bleed anything nor have I bled anything since I owned the house (about a month). My pool guy checks the filter, cleans it and bleeds it. I own a 1.5 hp pentair vs and a hayward air filter. Just yesterday I added water to the pool pump to see if that would help eliminate the air bubbles before starting it up. And cleaned and greased the o ring. Didn't seem to help though. My pool guy's next step is to glue all the joints to see if there's an air leak around one of the joints. I hope that does the trick.

I had a similar issue. Air was entering the system on the pressure side while the pump was off, causing the basket to empty. I was able hear the air leak, tracking it to a bad o-ring on the filter pressure gauge. Try shutting down the pump and listen carefully for a tell-tale hissing sound.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimrahbe
I had a similar issue. Air was entering the system on the pressure side while the pump was off, causing the basket to empty. I was able hear the air leak, tracking it to a bad o-ring on the filter pressure gauge. Try shutting down the pump and listen carefully for a tell-tale hissing sound.
Thanks for your advice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.