Brown dust on bottom of pool

WIpoolmom

Aug 7, 2019
Wisconsin
I vacuum it and it goes away and then comes back in a few hours. If I brush it it’s a big cloud of brown. My water is clear, our levels are great, we do have iron in our water (well) but we haven’t filled it with well water in awhile, how do I get rid of it!

Hi, welcome to TFP! Could you please post a current set of test results? It looks like you may have some algae trying to establish itself in your pool, and your test results will help us troubleshoot the problem. Do you have a lot of trees in the area?
Also, please update your profile signature with the following information: type of pool (in ground or above ground), pool surface material (fiberglass, plaster, vinyl liner), pump horsepower and brand, filter size, brand, and type (sand, DE, cartridge), fill water source (city or well water), and any additional features the pool has (waterfall, deckjets, spa blowers, in floor cleaning system, ect).

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.