Houston Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
So my skimmer basket cracked. It cracked after we started the pool up this year. My question is, which would be my best option. The water level is below the skimmer right now so the basket is dry. My plan is to sand the inside of the skimmer basket in all these options, then clean the plastic with brake parts cleaner and acetone to ensure the best adhesion.
1. Use fiberglass resin throughout the entire inside of the skimmer basket?
2. Open up the crack a little to create a valley, then use jb weld J-B Weld 50139 Plastic Bonder Body Panel Adhesive and Gap Filler Syringe - Dries Black - 25 ml Amazon.com: J-B Weld 50139 Plastic Bonder Body Panel Adhesive and Gap Filler Syringe - Dries Black - 25 ml: Automotive ?
3. Use
J-B Weld 50132 PlasticWeld Quick-Setting Epoxy Syringe - Dries Translucent Yellow - 25 ml https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009EU5ZMK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ftU6AbMXNV8GW
?

Thanks for the help. I am leaving for military duty all summer so need to fix this for the wife and kids before I go.

Used the J-B Weld plastic bonder last night I'll take some pics today when I get home from work.
It took 3 containers of the J-B Weld for me to feel comfortable it was thick enough.

Well, Appears to be working. Pools holding water.
I used brake part cleaner and sanded it down slightly. Wanted a super clean service for ashesion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.