Broken links

TishTash

Bronze Supporter
Aug 8, 2018
Merrick, NY
There are several references in older threads to posts that seem to be broken links. I recall there was an overhaul of the message database in the recent past, and I’m attributing this to that, but was there ever a plan to resuscitate those?

This thread is full of broken links. I'd be surprised if something as commercially successful as XenForo was incapable of converting links in older messages whenever the database is upgraded.

It's unfortunate because a lot of material is "lost" even though it's still there, just more difficult or impossible to find.

Reactions: TishTash
I’ve updated links in the thread youve linked to so they should now be up.

One of the issues is some info on TFP is over a decade old, and that’s a lifetime in some ways. While there are redirect scripts in place from XenForo that catches many old links, it’s just not 100% perfect as we’ve used multiple different programs in the past.

• Wow
Reactions: TishTash
Thanks. Even links in threads that are only three years old are broken. I encountered this thread with a broken link earlier today:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.