Broken bottom on Dolphin Oasis Z5

suep

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 18, 2011
Portland, OR
I pulled my dolphin out of the pool this morning and a plastic piece had broken off of the bottom right side. The plastic on the left side is also cracked and probably getting ready to break. Has anyone see this before and do you know if it can be repaired? My warranty expired 3 months ago.

Attachments

• BrokenDolphinBottom.JPG
    BrokenDolphinBottom.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 34
I called Maytronics and they referred me to a local dealer that told me I would have to replace the entire motor to replace the bottom. That didn't sound right so googled Dolphin replacement parts and found Marina Pool and Spa Patio. They didn't have the part listed on their website so I called them and they said they have the part and it is only $20-$30 plus shipping. I should have it in a few days. Hopefully it will be the correct part and can figure out how to put it on.

You'll basically need to strip every other part off the robot but it can be replaced. The part that it broken is the actual frame. This is the part you are probably getting: Maytronics Dolphin 9980882 Frame | Marina Pool Spa & Patio

You'll have to start with removing the cartridge doors, which just pop off with some gentle persuasion with a flat head screwdriver. Then you'll have to remove the wheel tubes, which again are held in with tension and pop out of their guides with some pressure. Then remove the side plates, 4 screws per side and they pop off, then take off the pulleys and belts. Then remove the outer outlet top (one screw) and the outer casting which surrounds the cartridges (4 screws). Now you're into the motor, which you wouldn't need to remove the cable from the motor, just unscrew the screws holding the motor in place. Reassembly is reverse of disassembly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.