Broken and rusty legs

Seniorh

Jun 9, 2021
Calhoun, tn
Hello, I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar issues with the Coleman 26x12x52 above ground pool purchased in 2020? The ground under the pool was professionally leveled and set up. The pool was maintained throughout the winter and I noticed a couple weeks ago that every vertical pole needs to be replaced asap. Some are broken and others are on the verge of breaking. In addition the ladder that came with it gets stored under our deck and it is rusty and in bad shape as well. I took it out to take a photo. 20210602_085925.jpg20210602_090047.jpg20210602_085925.jpg20210602_090047.jpg20210602_090142.jpg

Hi, welcome to TFP! Did your professional installer put cement blocks under the legs of the pool? It looks like sand is covering the bottom of the legs and that contributed to your rust problem. Replacement legs are difficult to find. You can search for Coleman pool legs. Do you have the round legs? Some of our members have made new legs out of sturdy metal pipes.

Hi, welcome to TFP! Did your professional installer put cement blocks under the legs of the pool? It looks like sand is covering the bottom of the legs and that contributed to your rust problem. Replacement legs are difficult to find. You can search for Coleman pool legs. Do you have the round legs? Some of our members have made new legs out of sturdy metal pipes.
Cement blocks weren't used under the the legs. What kind of metal pipes are used to replace the poles?

Cement blocks weren't used under the the legs. What kind of metal pipes are used to replace the poles?
You need cement blocks under the legs. I would go to Home Depot or Lowes and get black iron pipe, the largest diameter that will fit into the T-fittings at the top of the poles. You can also try the poles used for chain link fencing. You'll need to figure out a base. I know the black pipe will have screw on standoffs/bases that can act like feet. metal electrical conduit may work also, but make sure it is galvanized so it doesn't rust.

You're not going to want to hear this but you probably have to replace the entire pool. In a regular year it's usually hard to find parts, now with covid it's near impossible, heck, you can barely find pools either. I paid 800 bucks for my intex 24x52 with saltwater sandfilter combo pump 5 years ago and now I see them at nearly 2000 directly from intex pricing. It's crazy!

Blocks under the legs are essential. I would try either galvanized fence posts or black iron pipe, or order the original legs from Coleman. The Coleman parts will be expensive and just as susceptible to rust.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.