Broke ground yesterday! (Almost done!)

Re: Broke ground yesterday!

Concrete to go down today. This has taken forever but it is slowly starting to come together. I built the fence panel in front of the equipment pad and I think I am going to build my fence the same way. Also got the overhang off the building done and stained other than putting metal up. Which I am supposed to pick up today. I had to end up digging out for all the electrical myself other than the main run from the house which my PB dug with his excavator. Just tired of all the waiting. Finished that up Saturday and I did get a 60 amp panel in my building. Still haven't put salt in the pool yet. It needs a really good cleaning after the concrete goes down today. Anyway here are some pics. I also added a picture of the fireplace I will be adding to the right of the building.

Attachments

• downsize.jpg
    downsize.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 139

Looking GOOD! We are sitting at about the same stage right now, just waiting for concrete which should be poured next week! I love your choice of fire place... We opted to do a fire pit instead of a fire place as we think our back yard would look a little smooshed. but looking EXCELLENT!!! :)

Thanks tatortot,
The fireplace was a really good deal compared to others we looked at. It is a kit from General shale. Cost was $1797.00 but that includes two fireboxes that go on either side. It will be 11 feet long with those. But it will fit almost perfect for the spot we have. My little one already has a pack of those softball sized marshmellows ready to go....

Hadn't posted in awhile. We are trying to wrap this thing up before winter. A ton of work. Got the fence built for the most part. Waterfall in. Now two small rock walls, Have all my fabric and jute down on the outside of fence. I also have the plants in on the back side. I have a pile of about 25 yards of mulch to move in two days..... That is just for the outside. I still have the fireplace to go and all the landscaping inside. Stain the fence. The list gets bigger then smaller then bigger. I am hoping to get done before football season. But that doesn't look to happen. Anyway here are a few pics let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 118
  • downsize.jpg
    downsize.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 118
The only suggestion I would have would be to put gutters on the one side of the building facing the pool. Dont you have issues with heavy rain comming off the building right onto the concrete by the pool. A gutter could move the water towards the back of the building and drain down away from the pool. Just a thought. Looks awesome. :cheers:

tmill ,
It is called Stradford prism it is a 27/27. I can't remember right off who it was made by. I have it at home. But I am out here at work now. I will look and let you know.

Reindeer,
Eventhough we really had not had any problems with the rain coming near the pool. The gutter is on that list I was talking about. My brother in-law does gutters for a living and he is supposed to come by and hook me up. I am going to get the same color as the metal so it is taking a little longer. At least that is what I was told. :)..... but it will get done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
hadn't posted in awhile. Got a little more done. Working on outdoor kitchen now......[attachment=2:243p42ah]1366138217847.jpg[/attachment:243p42ah]

Attachments

• 1366138217847.jpg
    1366138217847.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 551489_363726643736548_2022492061_n.jpg
    551489_363726643736548_2022492061_n.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 1366138179882.jpg
    1366138179882.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 54
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.