Brand new Salt Water AGP - What do I do first?

cdods

May 24, 2018
Smiths Falls, Ontario
Looking for guidance. First time pool owner, and just filled my new AGP. I have the test kit recommended here, and have read through the Pool School book but I'm still confused.

I know I need to add salt & get the Salt, PH, FC and CYA to proper levels, but I'm unclear on what's the best order.

If anyone could outline the order to get everything within proper levels, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for that advice.

Yes - given I live in Ontario, we won't actually have to pool open long.

So if I don't add salt, I assume I also wouldn't turn on the SWG until next spring?
Then in the spring I'd add salt, then once salt is at the appropriate level, follow the trouble free pool approach to maintain the pool?

Correct. No need to add salt and start the SWCG since you will only need a small amount of chlorine this time of year until you close. And you would then be draining off some of that water and thus, the salt you added.

So next spring, get the pool up and running and clear using liquid chlorine and then add the salt and start the SWCG to maintain your required FC based on the CYA in your water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.