Brand new pump shuts off after 10 seconds

tronious

Jul 8, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a Blue Torrent 1.5hp non variable pump. Pool is an inground rectangle 16x32

Pump is wired for 115

Pump worked great from June until a week ago. Last week it shut of randomly and wouldn't turn back on until about 2 mins went by.

Later on the day turned it back on and started working again. Worked well for 4 days.

Today same issues. Took pump back to retailer and they graciously replaced with brand new one no questions asked.

Brought home, hooked up... Same symptom. Shuts off after ten seconds.

I disconnected all lines except the feed to see if there was a block on the returns... So the pump just blows water into the filter housing. Watched it fill the filter... Shuts off.

Video: New video by Mark Matthews

Again brand new pump. I'm leaning towards electrical somewhere leading up to the pump. Electrician insists I must've wired the pump wrong but it worked for 3 months, isn't rocket science and the new pump was wired exact same way.

Appreciate any insight

Last edited by a moderator:
3 months is a lot of time for things to change.

Have you tested any of the electrical with a multimeter to verify it's getting the correct voltage and amperage?

3 months is a lot of time for things to change.

Have you tested any of the electrical with a multimeter to verify it's getting the correct voltage and amperage?

Thank you and I agree. The electrician who setup the wiring is saying I must have wired the pump wrong. It worked fine for three months.

He is coming tomorrow and those are two tests I'm going to request he do.

Thanks for your reply. If you have any other ideas or input or things to look for when he comes please share them with me if you're willing.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.