Toronto, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hey all, new pool installed in Toronto Canada!!
I start googling my pool equipment to try and get it setup before my “new pool orientation”
I end up googling my “jandy fusion soft” salt generator and start seeing posts about the mineral cartridge & staining.
I have a white liner so I am concerned about the staining, etc. Is this still and issue? Should I get the minerals out ASAP? The pool was fired up 24hrs ago. Thanks in advance everyone!!

Welcome! :wave: We always discourage using mineral systems and to remover those mineral packs as soon as possible to reduce the addition of copper to your water. Stick to liquid chlorine unless you have a salt water generator (SWG). Congrats on the new pool. If you have other questions, let us know.

Welcome! :wave: We always discourage using mineral systems and to remover those mineral packs as soon as possible to reduce the addition of copper to your water. Stick to liquid chlorine unless you have a salt water generator (SWG). Congrats on the new pool. If you have other questions, let us know.

I have literally been reading about this since I posted here.

I have removed the mineral cartridge, I disassembled it, removed the bag of beads & the foam spacers, reassembled the cartridge (with nothing inside) and placed it back in the housing (the pool company took the cap that it shipped with).

it is the nature2 fusion soft, which is a swg as well. Do I need to make any adjustments to compensate for the minerals being removed?

Do I need to make any adjustments to compensate for the minerals being removed?
Other than removing the mineral carts, I don't believe so. The SWG portion should work as designed once salt is added to the pool. If I'm mistaken someone will correct me quickly. :poke: Remember salt needs at least 24 hrs to dissolve and mix well in the water, so you'll need to add liquid chlorine in the short term until the SWG is operational.

Reactions: DieselBeast
Other than removing the mineral carts, I don't believe so. The SWG portion should work as designed once salt is added to the pool. If I'm mistaken someone will correct me quickly. :poke: Remember salt needs at least 24 hrs to dissolve and mix well in the water, so you'll need to add liquid chlorine in the short term until the SWG is operational.
They have given me instructions for day 1 and day 2 (then they come give me a walk through)

Attachments

• C2C06EC2-A8C4-41C5-824B-0EF1B5B7627C.jpeg
    C2C06EC2-A8C4-41C5-824B-0EF1B5B7627C.jpeg
    328.1 KB · Views: 12
The Stain & Scale product is okay to use. So if the conditioner (CYA), but don't pour it into the skimmer. We never recommend that. Pour it around the pool and brush to help the thick stuff dissipate. No need to use the algaecide, especially if it contains copper. Be sure to keep teh FC balanced to the new CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels to avoid algae.

The Stain & Scale product is okay to use. So if the conditioner (CYA), but don't pour it into the skimmer. We never recommend that. Pour it around the pool and brush to help the thick stuff dissipate. No need to use the algaecide, especially if it contains copper. Be sure to keep teh FC balanced to the new CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels to avoid algae.
I have ordered the Taylor 2006C so I can start figuring this thing out.

I missed the message above and added the algecide unfortunately.. anything I can to now to “fix” that ?

they told me to leave the pump on 24/7 for a week and have the salt generator set at 50%. Does that sound good?
I have no real way to test anything at the moment , but I could use the strips :eek:r bring a sample to a pool store,

and on Wednesday (day 5) they want me to add another pouch of HTH Supershock.

then nothing else till “ orientation day “ Saturday

ps thank you for all the help so far!

Nothing you can do about the algaecide. Hopefully it wasn't enough copper (if any) to cause problems. Many industry workers and stores speak of "super shocking" or "weekly shocks" which is something we never recommend. It's simply not needed if the water is already algae-free. Just maintain the proper FC level compared to the CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. You can't do that at the moment until your K-2006C test kit arrives, but soon you'll see for yourself. Not sure about your SWG and run time. If you update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info it might help. Also, you can use the PoolMath APP which will tell you how much free chlorine your SWG is expected to produce at any given time based on the output % setting. It's a great tool to use.

Nothing you can do about the algaecide. Hopefully it wasn't enough copper (if any) to cause problems. Many industry workers and stores speak of "super shocking" or "weekly shocks" which is something we never recommend. It's simply not needed if the water is already algae-free. Just maintain the proper FC level compared to the CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. You can't do that at the moment until your K-2006C test kit arrives, but soon you'll see for yourself. Not sure about your SWG and run time. If you update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info it might help. Also, you can use the PoolMath APP which will tell you how much free chlorine your SWG is expected to produce at any given time based on the output % setting. It's a great tool to use.
I attempted to update my signature but I must be doing something wrong.

until I figure it out:
Pool is 11900 gal
Jandy flow pro 1hp single speed pump
Jandy JXI 200k btu heater
Jandy CV340 cartridge filter
Jandy (nature2) fusion soft SWG - I have removed the PB installed mineral pack

if I missed anything let me know!

Oh boy, that mineral pack will be a disaster. I would tell you to remove the mineral pack now as it will add copper to the water, but your installer may give you a hard time when he shows up. Your call, but you do not want copper in the water. I think you can run the SWG for the FC benefits alone after the salt is added to the water. As soon as you can remove the pack, I would.

For your signature, check the left menu "settings", then look under the next "settings" title and below that "signature". If you are using a phone, you may need to turn it sideways for better viewing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh boy, that mineral pack will be a disaster. I would tell you to remove the mineral pack now as it will add copper to the water, but your installer may give you a hard time when he shows up. Your call, but you do not want copper in the water. I think you can run the SWG for the FC benefits alone after the salt is added to the water. As soon as you can remove the pack, I would.

For your signature, check the left menu "settings", then look under the next "settings" title and below that "signature". If you are using a phone, you may need to turn it sideways for better viewing.
Already removed, I took it out day 2 (when I found this forum lol)

it looks like it is still in there, I’m not too concerned with the PB. they took the plug cap when they installed it, so I disassembled the cartridge & removed the bag of beads. I then put it back together and reinstalled the “empty” cartridge!!

working on signature now

Reactions: Texas Splash

Signature updated, I think lol

your installer may give you a hard time when he shows up.
OP will be ok - they took it out and broke off the cartridge then put it back in, so even if the "blank" had a different color cap, they're not using that one. It's not seethrough either so unless the PB thinks to open it (and I think we all know PBs will want to be in and out as fast as possible), there's no way to know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.