Phoenix AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Just started up our new pool on Monday. Can't run salt for 30 days so liquid chlorine for now. Water looks and feels great. Using the TF-PRO test kit.

Will TA change with salt? How worried should I be about that if ph is good?

Screenshot_20220518-133130.jpg

Attachments

• 20220516_115732.jpg
    20220516_115732.jpg
    918.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Will TA change with salt? How worried should I be about that if ph is good?
No and not at all.

You will have the oft quoted Ph rise for 6 months to a year as the plaster cures. It's a rite of passage for y'alls, but lowering the Ph a bunch if times will take care of the TA on its own. You may even be raising the TA at some point.

Reactions: ddoggphx
Also the poolmath app says I'm good at 60 cya 4 fc, but the charts suggest 5 at that cya level. Why the discrepancy?

Weird. Mine has it right

Screenshot_20220519-084220.jpg

Follow the chart. And keep in mind, low target is your real 'minimim'. Actual minimum is lava and you want some wiggle room at all times as you learn. You want to go check tomorrow and be at low target (or maybe just a skootch lower). Once you are at one with your pool, feel free to dance the line as close as you wish, but the above worked so well, many if us never stopped.

I often vote for changing the name minimum to Swampville. People will avoid it more like they should, because it still smells pretty bad a few blocks from Swampville. Matter of fact, let's just stay in town today. We can have Panera for lunch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.